Friday, April 3, 2009

Fish

You know I've never understood why you're not allowed to eat meat on Fridays during lent. I mean, fish could technically be considered meat, but we're still allowed to eat it on Fridays in place of meat. Seems oxymoronish.

Okay, I'm out of topics to write about so I asked my cousin Bri and she says I should write about Waffles vs. Pancakes. Mmmmm.......they sound good, I need to eat some, haven't had them in a while.

Ok well lets see, I myself an a pancake person who lives in a house of waffle people. I think pancakes are superior because you can make them as big or as little as you want and no two pancakes are alike. Not to mention pancakes can sop up like ten times the amount of syrup that waffles can. Waffles tend to be overcooked and crunchy, although the little holes in it are helpful for holding butter and syrup. I hear Belgian waffles are supposed to be like really awesome but I've never had them. Waffles are just to square and boring, they all look alike, bleck. Too conformed to the rest of the breakfast cake society, pancakes are individualistic! Not to mention pancakes always come with that huge ass dollop of butter on top.

Of course pancakes are superior, and anybody wanting to challenge that can make their own fucking breakfast.

1 comment:

bri25 said...

Okay Sarah I respectfully disagree.
First of all thanks for taking my advice of writing this; my random skills seem to help people sometimes. Alright, I say waffles are clearly better than pancakes. waffles have those holes that how butter and syrup. You can cook them until they are soft or crunchy depending on your preference. They also make waffle irons that are all different shapes. Pancakes are so floppy and soft and squashy. And you can only make them into circles. Now I do have to say that those pancakes at the fly in breakfast that I went to with you guys were awesome, but I still love waffles so much more. So my dear Sarah I have to say waffles are superior. We share the same blood so I respect your tastes anyway.

~your cousin Bri

~