Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh its the holidays...........

woohoo its my most cynical time of the year........................

So I went back and read the posts I posted last week, I must have been high or something, eh I don't care.

When it comes to the holidays I always wonder, all the people out there shopping and fighting each other like animals for things their loved ones will forget in a week......are they really representing the true meaning of Christmas? Do they really even care about what Christmas really means or is it all about outdoing each other?

Black Friday: A day that to me is just another day, yet thousands of people went out and like wolves fighting for a deer carcass they fought over presents, fought with each other, heck a guy even got run over and killed by a mob of shoppers. Is this really Christmas? People spend gobs of money they don't have on presents that their kids or loved ones probably won't appreciate like they want them to, then they wonder why they are so far into debt. Is this really Christmas?

Give me a holiday season with meaning, show me that people are willing to embrace the true meaning of Christmas(and not just the Christian meaning) Christmas is about being together, and family, not fighting or spending money.

All I want for Christmas is for people to realize what Christmas really is about.

Screw it, peace out.

No comments: